Thursday, July 2, 2009

Visual Novels

Quite a long time since I came in contact with visual novels. It appeals to me greatly when I was first noticed it while browsing through the origins of some anime. Visual novels are the roots of several animes, such as School Days and Clannad.

I started out Clannad as my initial visual novel, and got indulged in it. Since then, I've completed a list of visual novels, and am still trying to find more.
However, the majority of people might find it boring as it includes hours of mouse clicking and viewing the linear 2D pictures.

Recently completed Katawa Shoujo and Ever17. I strongly recommend both of the visual novels as they are worthy to mention.

Katawa Shoujo is about a teenage boy who has a heart disease and got transferred to a school for disabled people. This visual novel conveys how everyone is trying hard to live their lifes even though they are disabled, and greatly touches my heart.

Ever17 is about a group of people getting trapped in an underwater theme park LeMU.
It has one of the most complicated plot I've ever played before and it requires a lot of self thinking and analysis to perceive the situation. It also drives us to conceive several topics such as the Cloning Law, the 4th dimension and the Lost Continent Lemuria.


List of visual novels completed

1. Clannad
2. Fate/Stay Night
3. Tsukihime
4. Utawarenomono
5. Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
6. Kagetsu Tohya
7. Planetarian
8. Chaos;Head
9. Tears To Tiara
10. Katawa Shoujo
11. Ever17

No comments:

Post a Comment